Saturday, July 4, 2015

Frankincense - Miracle Oil


I have to be honest with you: I was put off by the smell of Frankincense when I first got it in my Premium Starter Kit. It was only because I had read and heard SO many good things about it that I was willing to try it out. I am so glad I did. Now I simply can not imagine living without it! And it smells better to me the more I use and benefit from it. I've also found that adding a couple drops of a citrus oil to an unappealing oil can greatly improve it.

Young Living says: "Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid, and has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma. Diffuse Frankincense during meditation for grounding and purpose. Applying this oil topically may help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and is excellent to use for massage after activity."

I use Frankincense for just about everything. The main thing I use it for is soothing tense and tired muscles. Just a couple of drops in a veggie capsule along with some Marjoram, Lemon, and PanAway in a roll-on blend makes a world of difference. Not only is it comforting and relieving, but it also significantly improves my overall mood.

As well as soothing, uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging spirituality, Frankincense is incredibly beneficial for the skin. That is why I use it in my Facial Cleanse & Moisturizer. It's so gentle that it can even be applied "neat" or undiluted, except in those with the most sensitive skin and children under 2. And even then, it's generally regarded as safe for children and safe for human consumption when diluted.

Frankincense has been recognized as a powerful substance for centuries. "The Bible contains over 52 references to frankincense, considering that 'incense' is often translated from the Hebrew and Greek as 'frankincense' and is referring to the same resin ... 'Used to treat every conceivable ill known to man,' Frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times" (Essential Oils Pocket Reference, 69). In Exodus 30:34 - "And the Lord said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each shall there be a like weight." Is it such a stretch to believe that God created and ordained plants for strengthening and supporting our bodies? The only way to know for yourself is to try them.

Specific Blends & Uses:
  • Diffuse with Copaiba or Stress Away to create a calming, uplifting, and balanced atmosphere during meditation, prayer, scripture study, or yoga.
  • Diffuse with R.C. and Lavender to support the respiratory system and restful sleep.
  • Combine in a veggie capsule with Marjoram and Lemon to support the immune and respiratory systems and soothe.
  • Combine in a veggie capsule with Orange and Lemon to support general wellness and the immune system.
  • Combine with Lavender, Melaleuca, Purification, and Geranium to care for skin.
  • Combine with Carrot Seed, Lavender, and Peppermint in a spray bottle to soothe, nourish, and cool skin during and after sun exposure.
Email me at rach.dorian@gmail.com if you're curious and want to learn more. I love to answer questions and mentor others in their wellness journeys!


*Disclaimer: This post is NOT intended as medical advice of any kind because I am not a doctor. These product(s) have not been tested or evaluated by the FDA and so they are not intended to cure, treat, or prevent disease. Caution should be exercised with first time oil use - skin patch tests and dilution with carrier oil - especially in children. Children, especially under the age of 6, should never ingest essential oils without advice of a healthcare professional since they are concentrated and potent. If you are under the care of a physician, nursing, taking prescription medication, or pregnant please consult your doctor prior to use. Keep essential oils out of reach of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment