Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Facial Cleanse & Moisturizer


I have wondered how people get flawless skin. I always assumed that they must just be more diligent or have better skin genetics. The truth is I just do not have the energy to actually wash my face every night and morning. Hey, I count it as a win if I brush my teeth. But my skin could use some extra love sometimes, so I knew I needed to incorporate some cleansing, skin rejuvenating oils into my routine. These oils are excellent for cleansing the skin and supporting its natural appearance. Plus, it smells so nice and refreshing. It's relaxing at night and fresh in the morning. The best part is that since it's a spray all I have to do it spray it onto a wipe and wipe my face down each morning and night, rather than somehow managing to splash the whole bathroom in a face washing routine.

The recipe is as follows and can always be modified to fit your individual needs and skin type:

1 2oz. amber glass spray bottle

5 drops Lavender

5 drops Frankincense

3 drops Melaleuca Alternifolia

2 drops Purification

3 drops Geranium

10 drops Vitamin E oil

1/2 tsp. Young Living V-6 oil OR Grapeseed or Jojoba oil (coconut oil can cause light breakouts on some skin types. So the carrier oil included should be experimented with until you find the right fit for your skin.)

1/2 tsp. baking soda

Fill the rest of the way with Aloe Vera Witch Hazel

NOTE: I never spray this directly on my face because I do not want to risk getting it in the eyes. Essential oils will irritate eyes and must be diluted with a carrier oil, not water. I always spray it on a towel or wipe first to apply.

You can always add more carrier oil and less witch hazel. I just have a skin type that breaks out when a solution is too oily. Witch Hazel is a great toner and cleanser for the skin that has more of a water like consistency so I love to use it in my sprays to help them spray easier.

Frankincense and Lavender are especially gentle oils that in addition to being uplifting, relaxing, and soothing, are excellent for skin care. Melaleuca or Tea Tree helps cleanse the skin of impurities - toxins, makeup, oily residue, etc. Purification is Young Living's proprietary cleansing blend. It contains Melaleuca and Lavandin (similar too but a bit sharper than Lavender) as well as other freshening oils. And Geranium is a gentle skin tonic, cleanser, and moisturizer that is also calming and uplifting. It's similar to both Lavender and Rose, but at a much more affordable price than Rose. If I had Rose, I would certainly add it to this spray, but Geranium is an excellent substitute.

Email me at rach.dorian@gmail.com if you're interested in learning more about how essential oils can benefit you and your family! I love to answer questions and mentor other in their essential oil journeys. There is no better time to take charge of your health and wellness. Plus, four out of five of these oils (all but Geranium) are included in my favorite Premium Starter Kit! It doesn't get better than that.


 *Disclaimer: This post is NOT intended as medical advice of any kind because I am not a doctor. These product(s) have not been tested or evaluated by the FDA and so they are not intended to cure, treat, or prevent disease. They only help your body to do what it was meant to do, like nutritional supplements. Caution should be exercised with first time oil use - skin patch tests prior to use and dilution with carrier oil - especially in children. Children, especially under the age of 6, should never ingest essential oils without advice of a healthcare professional since they are concentrated and potent. If you are under the care of a physician, nursing, taking prescription medication, or pregnant please consult your doctor prior to use. Keep essential oils out of reach of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment