Friday, February 27, 2015

All Natural & All Purpose Essential Oil Cleaner


I am so excited to share my miracle cleaner with you today! I honestly can not say enough good about this cleaner or these amazing oils. After searching the internet for a recipe for an all purpose essential oil cleaner I picked bits and pieces of what I liked and created my very own. I may modify it or create others in the future, but this one has worked so incredibly well! And it smells so good. Even my mother-in-law has been using it.

The recipe is as follows:

1 16 oz. Glass Spray Bottle (fill it up most of the way with warm water)

10 drops Thieves essential oil

10 drops Lemon essential oil

5 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil

1/3 cup. vinegar (you can always do more vinegar and less water but I didn't want it to smell too much like vinegar)

1/2 cup lemon juice

1-2 tsp. baking soda

The vinegar and soda will react with each other, creating a fizzy action, so do it over a sink. The reaction will neutralize them both since vinegar is an acid and baking soda is a base. This combination is excellent for removing hard water stains, and the essential oils will purify and cleanse. To add more cleaning, degreasing, and bleaching power add some extra lemon juice to the solution.

I decided to test the cleaner out first on the bathroom. And let's just say it had been way too long since I had cleaned this particular bathroom. There was staining on the toilet that I just didn't think my cleaner was going to be able to handle. So I used Clorox toilet cleaner first and in spite of my scrubbing it was not coming off. Sprayed it down with my essential oil cleaner and with only a little more effort it was sparkling white and clean. It did the same for the rest of the bathroom. I've honestly never been able to clean an entire bathroom so quickly in my entire life! Instead of chemical smells that make your eyes water, my essential oil cleaner made it smell like heaven - clove, lemon, cinnamon, and just yummy clean. I have since used it to clean counter tops, baby high chair, tile floors, and even the kitchen sink drain, all of which it excelled at and far surpassed any other cleaner.

If you're wondering how it could be so good, let me explain. Thieves is a Young Living proprietary blend with clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils. "Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health."

Lemon is of course well known for its cleaning and especially whitening capabilities. There is no end to the amount of things it can clean and do.

And Melaleuca, more commonly known as Tea Tree, both supports the immune system and cleans beautifully.

And best of all, two out of three of these incredibly useful oils are included in the Young Living starter kit! Email me at rach.dorian@gmail.com if you want to learn more about how essential oils can benefit you and your family. They are the best towards living a non-toxic, healthier life without compromising on quality and effectiveness.

*Disclaimer: This post is NOT intended as medical advice of any kind because I am not a doctor. These product(s) have not been tested or evaluated by the FDA and so they are not intended to cure, treat, or prevent disease. Caution should be exercised with first time oil use - skin patch tests and dilution with carrier oil - especially in children.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. Since all-natural and all-purpose essential oil cleaners are somehow as effective as the branded ones; DIY-ed products with natural components seem to be a more economic option. Also, aside from cheaper price, one could be rest assured that it doesn’t contain any chemicals that may pose a threat to our health. Well, thanks for sharing this DIY formula, Rachel! All the best to you!

    Courtney Morris @ Onyx Cleaning

    ReplyDelete